Foreign Import Registration

All imported vehicles, along with the required support documents and the out-of-province licence plates, must be presented at the time of vehicle registration. Here are some important points to keep in mind:

  • Vehicles imported from the U.S. or a foreign country must be processed by Canada Border Services Agency before they can be registered.
  • Documents in a language other than English must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
  • Provincial Sales Tax (PST) must be paid at the time of registration unless you qualify for exemption.
  • Once your vehicle has been registered, you must purchase a B.C. licence and insurance or a Temporary Operation Permit before operating the vehicle on highway.

Click here to check the Checklist of Out-of-Province Vehicle Registration